Geophex Services, a division of Geophex, Ltd., provides subsurface imaging survey services using proprietary electromagnetic instrumentation built by Geophex Ltd. Our non-intrusive site characterization techniques yield accurate data producing a picture of conditions below the earth’s surface without the need to dig.
Electromagnetic sensors such as the GEM-2 and GEM-3 from Geophex find application in a wide range of disciplines. Used solely or in conjunction with other geophysical techniques such as ground penetrating radar, direct resistivity and seismic measurements, electromagnetic sensors offer a relatively quick and non-intrusive means of performing near-surface geophysical surveys.
The range of applications has broadened over the years to include many of the following fields:
- Site Clearance – location and identification of underground storage tanks
- Environmental – location and identification of leakage from underground tanks, analysis of salt water intrusion in estuaries, monitoring of levees, dykes and landfills for leaks, location and analysis of septic waste fields
- Archeology – nonintrusive location of ruins, burial sites; archaeological evaluation of proposed construction sites
- Construction and Civil Engineering – site preparation for construction, location of underground utilities, pipes, power lines
- Farming and Precision Agriculture – determination of water and fertilizer demand, analysis of root zone soil properties
- Forensic Science – crime scene analysis and documentation, location of burial sites, weapons, bullets, disturbed soil
- Geological and Geophysical Applications – determination of near-surface morphology and soil properties
- Golf Course Management – determination of water and fertilizer demand, analysis of soil properties, location of irrigation pipes
- Hydrogeological Applications – location of underground water sources, depletion of water table, groundwater management, ice and permafrost thickness
- Military – detection and identification of mines and improvised explosive devices, location of access tunnels and underground facilities
- Mining and Mineral Exploration – location and identification of mineral and ore deposits
- Teaching / Research and Development – teaching geological and geophysical measurement techniques, geophysics research
- Transportation – inspection of roads and roadbeds for thickness and integrity
Our team offers several electromagnetic instrumentation solutions to
ensure the most cost effect approach to data collection is performed.
Our sensor platforms range from handheld to vehicle mounted.